The General Profile of the Municipality
Legislative Instrument (L.I.) 2292 of November 2017 established the Kwadaso Municipal Assembly, in pursuance of deepening decentralization process in Ghana. It was carved out of the Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly with Kwadaso as its capital.
The Municipality is located at the central part of the Ashanti Region and is bound on the North West by Atwima Nwabiagya Municipal Assembly, North East by Atwima Nwabiagya North District, on the South by Atwima Kwanwoma District Assembly and the East by Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly.
The population of the Municipality in 2010, according to the Population and Housing Census was 169,634. The current projected population of the Municipality is 193,353 using growth rate of 3%. Kwadaso Municipality has an average of about 214.2 persons per square km. The Municipality is made up thirty-six (36) communities with Fifteen (15) Electoral Areas and fifty-six (56) polling stations in the Municipality.
The Kwadaso Municipal Assembly composed of Twenty-two (22) Assembly Members (18 males and 4 females), Fifteen (15) of whom were elected and Seven (7) Appointed by the H.E. the President in addition to the Hon. Municipal Chief Executive (DCE) and the Hon. Member of Parliament (MP) who has no voting rights but is a member of the Assembly.
The Assembly consist of:
- Executive Committee Members
- Richmond Agyenim Boateng (MCE) – Chairman
- Safo Agyapong Kantanka (MCD) – Secretary
- George Owusu Ansah (Finance and Administration Convener)
- Richard Karikari (Justice and Security Convener)
- Ernest Frimpong (Development Planning Convener)
- Frank Awuah (Works Convener)
- Douglas Boateng (Social Service Convener)
- Fosu Agyemang Stephen
- Janet Awuah
- Subcommittees (Finance and Administration Subcommittee, Justice and Security Subcommittee, Development Planning Subcommittee, Works Subcommittee and Social Services Subcommittee)